Rosedale Community Church is a Christ centred community dedicated to impacting Cheshunt, our nation and beyond with the love of God in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash
Here is an extract from our Church Constitution - We believe the following:
1. That there is one sovereign God eternally existent in three co-equal Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. In the Deity of Jesus Christ, His Virgin Birth, His real and perfect manhood, His death for sinners as the only means of putting mankind right with God, His bodily Resurrection, His Ascension to the Father, His present Intercession for His people, His Personal Return in power and glory to judge the living and the dead.
3. In the work of the Holy Spirit being essential to bring sinners to faith in Christ and change them to His likeness; His Gifts and enabling for ministry, worship and Christian obedience.
4. The Bible to be the infallible Word of God with final authority in matters of faith, doctrine and practice
5. That all mankind falls short of God's requirements but through repentance and faith in Christ as Lord and Saviour believers receive God's forgiveness and love, the certainty of eternal life and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
6. In the Universal Church embracing all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, of which He is the Head
7. In the priesthood of all believers.
Bethany Green (Pastor)
A member of the church since 2008, Bethany was invited to be the minister in 2018 after completing her B.Th. with Spurgeon's Bible College and being ordained by The Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion. Bethany has many years of experience in a wide range of church ministry and loves nothing more than a really good discussion on how we can follow Jesus. She also enjoys running (well, a slow plod), baking cakes, needle crafts and climbing trees.
Simon Climer (Deacon)
I first asked Jesus in to my life in 1979, while away at University. This set a new course for my life, in which I have learnt to trust God more and more through the various challenges that life naturally brings. I love being part of a church community and find real joy when I see people working well together. My desire as a church leader is to promote an environment in which people can find faith and also find the opportunities and encouragement to go deeper in God.
Lynn Sobczak (Deacon)
I became a Christian in 1973, having been brought up in a Christian home and Church. It was exciting to find God myself. He wonderfully brought me back when I began to take a wrong path some years later. My heart’s desire is to see others coming to know Jesus and helping them go on with God into all He has in store for them. I’ve been involved in Christian counselling, leading small groups and coordinate the Prayer Line.
Dorrett Taylor (Deacon)
I became a christian in my early teens. In the early seventies I regularly volunteered for Sunday School and Youth club. I trained as a Nursery Nurse for Day Nurseries and Nursery schools and I also spent a year working as a Nanny. Now retired, I love being part of the extended family that is Rosedale Community Church and enjoy the many activities and programmes. I also love taking care of my grandchildren and playing an important role in their lives.
Sheila Woods (Deacon)
Our longest serving member of the leadership team, Sheila has many years of wisdom and experience in Christian ministry. After committing her life to Christ as a teenager, Sheila became an officer in the Salvation Army and worked as a tutor of midwifery at St Barts (St Bartholomew's Hospital, London). In 2004 she joined Rosedale Community Church as part of the church plant from Wormley and became a mainstay of pastoral care. Sheila is a Trustee, leads Bible Studies, prayer meetings and our Senior Group, all the while providing godly wisdom and love to the whole congregation.
Rosedale Community Church is a community centred evangelical church, part of the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion. We are also members of the Evangelical Alliance and the Free Church Council.
The Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion is an evangelical Christian denomination, with 21 churches spread around the UK.
We are led by our Pastor, Bethany Green, with a leadership team of Deacons apointed by the Church Members. All decisions concerning the Church are ratified by regular Church meetings, open to all members.